When you look at the choices for search engine marketing, the first is choice is SEO “search engine optimization” or organic or even natural as it is sometimes referred as. SEO is a simple concept in the fact you optimize your web design pages to gain optimal page ranking using techniques that appeal to both the search engines that crawl your site for keywords and subject matter users search for on Google, Bing, Youtube, or any other search engine. Although the SEO choice takes longer in the process since search engine spiders must continually crawl your web pages to find rich content, it is sometimes the most cost effective technique used in todays markets.
As mentioned SEO is often the most cost effective solution. So what are some of the benefits of SEO vs PPC (pay per click the other option.
- Cost effectiveness
- SEO is a more stable choice compared to PPC since PPC is based on a cost per click and is often influenced by your competitors bidding
- Longer and more sustainable results
- Higher return on investment (ROI)
- Trust Building
Some of the potential disadvantages
- Slow in comparison to PPC can take several months to gain page rankings
- SEO is a continuation process, the best SEO practices require regular updating of content and monitoring